Skip to main content
FAQ topic

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if my contract is due to end?

If you are reaching the end of your contract and would like to extend it because you have re-ordered a new vehicle with PSA Finance and it is delayed, we may be able to offer you an extension of six months.

If you would like to extend your contract then you can ask us for a quote. Please remember that if you do extend the term of your agreement you will pay more because the agreement is longer and interest will be applied over a longer period.

You can tell us of your intentions including making a request to extend via your MyFinance account using the ‘Extend your contract – delayed replacement vehicle’ option within ‘Manage Agreement’.

If you don’t tell us that you want to extend the agreement or return the vehicle before the final payment is due then the final payment will become payable and we’ll take that payment. If you have a PCP agreement the final payment is a balloon payment and much larger than your normal monthly payment. 

Please make contact with us at your earliest convenience. You can also contact your vehicle retailer to find options about new vehicles if you are interested in part exchanging:


DS Automobiles


How can I make a payment?

Payment can be made by credit or debit card via the My Account section of this website. You will just need to login or register to make payment.

We acknowledge that some people feel safer using a credit card online but please remember repaying your debt with a credit card may increase the risk of escalating debt and financial difficulties. Please talk to us if you find yourself in financial difficulties.

Alternative methods of payment are as follows. Please note that we can only take payment from the account holder or an authorised third party.

Call us: 0345 345 5449

Bank transfer:
Sort Code: 60-00-01
Account Number: 83609520

Please don’t forget to include your agreement number as the reference so that we can identify your payment.

Cheque: You can send a cheque to the below address:

PSA Finance UK
61 London Road

Please ensure you write your agreement and registration numbers on the back of the cheque so that we can identify your payment.

Settling your agreement

If you have settled your agreement or part exchanged, and another instalment has been paid since the day the settlement was made, a refund may be due on your account. Please allow 14 working days for this to be processed from the date we have received the settlement payment. Your dealer will be able to confirm the date the payment was made if you have part exchanged.

Things to bear in mind:

You can monitor this on your MyFinance account in the Payment schedule

You’ll be able to see the settlement being received, the agreement being closed and any overpayment (additional instalment) in credit

From this point the refund process will start automatically once the direct debit has cleared – please allow 5 full working days for the direct debit to clear before the refund process starts.

From the time you see your account is no longer in credit, please monitor your bank account and you should see the funds being credited back to you – this is usually within approx. 4-7 working days from the date your refund is processed

Please refer to your settlement letter for clarification of the final instalment you will be required to pay under the terms of the settlement – this can be found on the second page of your settlement letter

How do I request an early settlement figure/pay off my finance early?

If you would like to pay off your finance before your contracted end date you will need to request an early settlement figure from us, which can be done through your online account.

Once logged in to your account you'll need to select 'My Agreements', 'Manage Agreement' and then select 'Request a Settlement Figure' from the drop down menu. If your request is made before 7pm, your settlement figure will be available to view in the 'My Documents' section of your account within 15 minutes. If made after 7pm your settlement request will be available to view from 8am the following day.

Once we have confirmed your settlement amount you can pay your outstanding balance online by clicking ‘Make a Payment’ and then selecting ‘Final Settlement Payment’ from the drop down menu.

You can register for an online account at any stage of your agreement. You'll need your agreement number and vehicle registration to do so, both of which can be found on your agreement documentation.

Alternatively, if you are having problems getting your settlement online, you can request this from your dealer or by selecting the “General Enquiry” category of our online form. Please note that this method of request could take a little longer to reach you (up to 7 days) if you choose to have it posted.

How do I change my bank details?

To change your bank details you will need to download and complete the direct debit mandate form, found here. Once completed you can send us a copy through your online account.

Once logged in your will need to select “Manage Agreement” from the dashboard and select Direct Debit Mandate from the drop down list. You will then have the option to upload your document and submit.

Please ensure you send us the new details in good time for your next monthly instalment, especially if you’ve already cancelled your existing direct debit instruction.

Please be advised that you may be required to make payment via alternative means whilst your new payment instructions are being set up.

How do I contact PSA Finance?

If you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for the quickest way to contact us is via the form on our website, which can be found here.

Simply select the relevant category and provide the required information.

How is an early settlement calculated?

We use a calculation called the ‘actuarial method’ to work out your settlement figure. This calculation is prescribed to us by the Consumer Credit Act (Early Settlement) Regulations 2004.

Further information about the way we calculate your settlement figure is available here

Can I take my car abroad?

If you hold the V5 document for your vehicle, you can take it to Europe for up to 28 days without notifying us.

If you do not hold the V5 document (this would be the case for a Contract Hire agreement) or if you wish to go abroad for a longer period than 28 days you will need to contact us to retrieve written permission. In order to consider your request we’ll ask you to confirm some information, such as where you are taking the vehicle to and where it will be kept overnight.

To contact us simply use the “General Enquiry” category on our online form.

Please make sure you check you have the correct documentation and equipment before you travel abroad.

Can I change my repayments after I have signed the contract?

This this will depend on the type of contract you have and what changes you want to make.  Not all requests can be accepted and administrative fees may apply.

Please contact us to discuss your requirements.  


What happens if my vehicle is involved in an accident or is declared a write-off?

You should notify us and contact your insurance company immediately to commence settlement or transfer to another vehicle.

Please note that your monthly repayments will continue as normal whilst these arrangements are being made. 

If your vehicle is deemed a total loss we will provide your insurer with a settlement figure but we won’t negotiate your insurance settlement with them on your behalf. Your insurance company will pay us directly, but if there is a shortfall, you will need to pay this. If there is a surplus, the insurance company will pay this to you. 

If you have financial shortfall insurance you should check whether this event is covered in your policy documents.

How do I put a private plate on my vehicle?

In most instances, you can. 

If you hold the V5 document for the vehicle you can go ahead and arrange this directly with DVLA. You must tell us your new registration number once your request has been completed.  

Please be aware that when you return the vehicle the plate will need to be removed in good time for the vehicle to be collected. Please note it can take up to 8 weeks so you’ll need to start the process early. 

If you do not hold the V5 document for your vehicle (this would be the case for a Contract Hire agreement), you will not be able to put a private plate on your financed vehicle.

How do I change my address?

You can update your home address via the ‘My Account’ section on this website.

Once logged in select ‘Personal Details’, then click on the update button and select ‘Update my address’ from the drop down list.

If you are having difficulty accessing your account, you can find supporting information in the ‘online account’ section of our FAQ’s